Thursday, February 18, 2021

My Wish

It is February 18, 2021 and it has been one heck of a year (past 12 months).  At this time last year, we were all going about our daily routines (which we considered normal), I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and I was simply wishing to have a little down time. If only I had known what would come in the next several weeks. We had no idea that our entire "normal" was getting ready to change...life as we knew it would be changing for more than the 2 weeks we were promised. We had no idea that our new vocabulary would include words like quarantining and social distancing  - and, we would hear them every 2.2 seconds.  We had no idea that wearing masks would be expected whenever we left our homes.  And, if you happen to forget a mask when you go to the grocery store - people look at you like you have the plague. All of the things that our daily lives consisted of were gone.  Restaurants were closed, you were limited with how many people could gather, and let's not forget that the one thing people chose to hoard was toilet paper.  Who know toilet paper would be such a hot commodity??

As many things were forced to come to an abrupt halt...there were many things that were happening.  We were forced to slow down and enjoy the simple things. We were all spending time at home...which meant spending more time with family - game nights, down time, and simply enjoying being with each other.  It meant truly appreciating each other when we got to spend time together and people stopped taking loved ones for granted.  It meant intentional check-ins with family near and far - making sure everyone knew they were loved because we all had a reality check that none of us were guaranteed another day. It meant instead of being gathered around a table and laughing - we were Zooming.  There were lots of changes, but - not all changes were bad.   

The things that I miss from this moment in time last year... I miss my framily (friends that turn into family).  I miss Wild Wednesday with my soul sisters.  I miss live music and dancing all night. I miss festivals with thousands of my closest friends. I miss traveling, road trips and last minute adventures.  I miss just being able to hug every one you see...I am a hugger at heart. And, quite honestly...this list go could on forever. 

As our lives begin to get back to normal, my wish is that we never forget the lessons that life taught us in the past year.  That we continue to spend time with our family, friends and loved ones and never take one minute together for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment